Saturday, August 8, 2009

You've Got to See this Place!

Even Martians land here!
Just a hop skip and a jump this side of Coeur d'Alene is a little town called Wallace, Idaho. Every downtown building is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Emily said she had been here once for the best huckleberry ice cream ever!
This place was open and advertised huckleberry ice cream.
It was an old auto garage turned restaurant and...
...antique shop.
Every item on the walls, ceiling, and floor was FOR SALE.
While waiting for our food we perused "Bathroom Books" that adorned our booth.
Quote for the day (yes, this came from one of the books):

If you're going to act like a turd,
Go outside and lay in the yard!

Hmmm. I guess this used to be Idaho's "red light district" for local miners. Regardless of its sordid past, it has been added to my list of places I would love to visit again. My huckleberry milkshake was out of this world!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great place. I've been to Coeur d'Alene, but I never knew there was a place like Wallace, just down the road. It must be a wonderful place to visit. With every downtown building on the National Register of Historic Places, it would be a treasure trove for the eyes to admire. Thanks for sharing such a find.
    Just Joany
    http://yayashome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to a place quite like this....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved reading all the posts about your trip--how I wish I could have seen you while you were here! :) It looks like you took some fun pictures...as expected. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete