Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Potts is LOST?

Evylee (3) and Ethan (1) were with me on Saturday morning. They missed their Potts. Evylee asked where he was. I answered, "He's in Las Vegas."

"POTTS IS LOST?" she questioned with sadness in her big brown eyes.

Yes, Potts was LOST in Vegas this entire week! He and Wayne attended Photoshop World, his favorite convention of the year.

And while he was away and his giant computer was free, I got LOST in an ENORMOUS project. I took the 3074 images and video clips from Youth Conference and determined to put together a video program of the entire event.

I didn't eat, sleep, or shower for FIVE DAYS! Okay... not quite... but I really didn't do the dishes for five days! I spent every waking hour with the exception of two music jobs and tending twice and worked on this project from 6:00 in the morning until about 1:30 in the morning the next day. I finished Saturday evening at 11:00 pm and collapsed. I actually plopped onto the bed and bawled like a baby... partly from a feeling of relief and mostly from a feeling of gratitude for the help I received from  Heaven. The music fit perfectly, the program was very moving.

The entire presentation is 42 minutes long, and it's TOO big to post, but here is a sneak peak of the beginning image...


...and the very end one.


You'll just have to imagine Old Jerusalem, the Promised Land, games, skits, wars, vignettes of Nephi, King Benjamin, Abinidi, Alma, Mormon, Moroni, and Christ. It was intense!

The Stake Youth Conference theme song ended the program.


And by the way...
Potts has been FOUND! Can you see him? He's the little blue spot in the middle.

He was in the Narrows at Zion's National Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment