Sunday, August 30, 2009

STUCK on I-80

When a vacation comes to a close, I'm SO anxious to be home. Aren't we all? I wish I could wiggle my nose and be there. Just past Wendover, we found THIS -- Traffic had come to a complete stop and people were roaming the freeway. NOT a good sign.

Curious, Emily and I walked the half mile up the road to see THIS --
The pilot and two passengers had experienced mechanical difficulties shortly after leaving Wendover and made an emergency landing on the freeway. In the process, their wing clipped a semi. It was evident that this was going to be a long wait...

So the girls played in the dirt... 

and had a picnic on the pavement. How many times can you have a picnic on the freeway? Audrey even offered food to the two good-looking blond guys behind us who were obviously on their way to BYU. 
 
Desperate times call for desperate measures. We had all had too much to drink. Randy found a bush (they have it so easy), Emily who was turning yellow at this point found a nearby RV, and Audrey and I just toughed it out. After over an hour, traffic started moving again and we were on our way (stopping at the next rest stop, of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment