Sunday, July 19, 2009

Celebrating 80 Years of "Music and the Spoken Word"

July 15, 2009 marked the 80th anniversary of Music and the Spoken Word. We celebrated the event with a Pioneer Day Concert in Ogden on the 15th, A Pioneer Day Commemoration Concert in the Conference Center on the 17th, and a special broadcast and ceremony with President Monson on the 19th. Click HERE to view a news clip (after waiting through an ad, of course.)
It is hard for me to believe that I have been performing with the choir for nearly 1/8th of those years! Seems like yesterday...

1 comment:

  1. I've been playing for 3 1/2 years, so... that's almost 1/16th (I know, not as impressive). It really was cool to be a part of all of that wasn't it? I got emotional when we saw Craig Sunday morning and I felt silly until I looked around and saw others like you with similar sentiment. He so touched my life and I miss him terribly. It's an amazing train that just keeps going, right? I'm so grateful that I know you Kathryn because of this great organization. You inspire me and teach me more and more about who and what I want to be. Love ya tons!

    ReplyDelete