Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pomegranates, Pitas, and a Christmas Pageant

"A Night in Bethlehem" is a favorite family tradition in our home.  Yes, it was a bit too fancy to be authentically ancient, but I just acquired new Christmas dishes and I just HAD to use them. The third Sunday of each month has an honored spot as Family Sunday.  The kids would be going their separate ways after today. We were all together with the exception of Jenni, Mark, and their babies... we felt incomplete...  Lucky for Randy and me, we will be flying there in a week! 
Our meal is at least Mediterranean and homemade grape juice is served.
The handsome fellow sitting next to Emily is her friend, Clint Jarvis from Idaho.
He had a way of making Kylie smile!
Give me a kiss!

The story of Christ's birth is retold in a family pageant.
And it came to pass... that there went out a decree... And Joseph went...into Judea...with Mary.
And she brought forth her firstborn son... and laid him in a manger; because there was no room in the inn.
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them... and they were sore afraid.
"Fear not:  for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy."
(Yes, we got the giggles!)
And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
"Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace, good will toward men."

3 comments:

  1. Oh this makes me want to cry and split my pants all at the same time. I miss it all! I would have loved to have met Clint seen Mike give in to being an angel watch emily try to keep baily as the sheep, see the gifts being open and sit back and think about you two being parents then and gampottsies now. We CAN'T WAIT!!!! Payton is so excited for Christmas and I hope I'll be able to catch up my blog today so I can put our nativity up. He was a king and a proud one. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn I have to say I just love your blog! The photos are great and I feel like I'm getting to know your family-- so fun! There is a great spirit to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni - Miss you too (two) -- I mean four! The ache was especially bad on Sunday! You should have seen Michael whip his costume off when carolers came to the door! He was as fast as superman! But I made him put it back on. I love the name "Gampottsies" it's so much more fun than "Grandparents"!

    ReplyDelete