Monday, January 23, 2012

Maui Revisited - January 2012

Our very kind and generous friends, Wayne and Marsha, invited us to "share" their Marriott time-share on Maui once again.

I don't know what it is, but I just HAVE to take pictures from hotel room windows. I've done it for years. It's a "don't forget this moment" kind of thing for me, I think.



Our daily routine is pretty much the same as last time, only with Jenni's fitness challenge going on, I make use of my early mornings (I have difficulty getting accustom to the time change). I throw on my tennis shoes and take an hour-long walk alongside the beach. I look pretty glamorous at 6:00 a.m. - morning hair and face and all. I am amazed at how many have the same idea!

My Morning Walk
I am up early enough to watch the sun rise.

There is a nice walkway along the Kaanapali beach - takes about 60 minutes to traverse it both directions...

... stopping to enjoy the scenery now and again. 



I have the voice command "Siri" on my new iPhone. I thought I would be pretty smart and dictate my journal entry while I was walking:

This is what Siri THOUGHT I said:

"I decided to get up early with the sunrise walk along the walkway and moist grass just been sprinkling for you and taking a walk to Black rock? Are we wants not going to watch that when things later today this walkway will be busy with you. But now it's just me and my surrounding her trip talk is at best pretty common for me to have a heart just change so I go to bed about 9 inches up at about 530 or 6 inches at this time with just my thoughts rather schedule is little bit different beasties a person listening to you sleeps little later in the morning."

WHAT?

Here is the translation more or less:

"I decided to get up early along with the sunrise and take a walk along the beach. The grass has just been sprinkled and smells sweet and moist. In a few minutes, this walkway will be bustling with people, but for now it is just me and my surroundings. It is pretty common for me to have difficulty with the time change -- I get pretty sleepy by 9:00 pm and I'm up by 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning. Randy sleeps in a while and joins me a bit later."

It gave me a good laugh anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment