Violin playing, piano playing, typing, knitting, driving, sleeping -- my left hand has been giving me trouble like my right hand did seven years ago. Time for a carpal tunnel release.
I am out of commission for FIVE WEEKS! No violin for FIVE WEEKS! No knitting for FIVE WEEKS! Pure torture... and besides that, being one-handed has it's challenges:
I'm getting pretty proficient at-
- curling my hair
- tying my shoes
- typing one-handed
- pulling up my pants
- open jars
- cut meat
- wash under my right arm - you'd better stand to my left.
- shovel snow - pray for sunshine, please.
- button my pants - It's a good excuse to wear sweats every day.
- fasten my bra in the back - Anyone who knows me well, knows I don't like shoes, bras, or coats anyway.
- wash dishes - good time for the dishwasher to bite the dust. sigh. Thank heaven for Emily!
- do push ups - P90X has now been put on hold for a few weeks.
P.S. I also had a blood-pooled vein removed from my lip this week. Now I have a fat lip to go with my new boxing glove! Truthfully? I feel pretty hammered on.