To my Randy,
It's been 29 years today. I fondly recall...
- the day you asked me to be your wife... Somehow you knew I didn't need more than 10 minutes to make my decision.
This photograph was taken that very day. Remember?
- how you, my parents, and I all slept in the same hotel room the night before our wedding day.
- the fact that your wedding ring didn't quite fit, but I shoved it on anyway. Did you not even wonder at that point?
- that early morning nine months later when you called my parents and announced, "It's a girl.... and a boy!"
- how embarrassed I was when you preformed grocery cart ballet in the grocery store. Do you remember drenching my back with the vegetable sprayer?
- how you make people smile.
- how you were late for dinner one winter night because you helped pull three cars out of the snow.
- your faith and determination the year you lost your job.
- the morning you shaved the mustache that had adorned your face for as long as I had known you. How you climbed back into bed, tapped me on the shoulder, and made me scream!
- the day I sat in awe of your extreme patience with our teenage children; "I don't want to have any regrets," you explained.
- how nearly every meal I cook is somehow your "favorite".
- the anniversary you declared, while shaking your head, "We've been married for 17 stinkin' long years!"
- how warm and comforting your hands feel as you place them on my head and bless me to overcome.... headaches, fear, frustration, fevers.
- how you manage to make me laugh when I'm in a bad mood.
- how you still like to hold my hand.
- that evening when you were called as the bishop or our ward. It's an amazing feeling to realize the Lord knows you like I know you.
- the day I was suffering from self-imposed whip lash. You washed and rubbed my feet to help me feel better.
- how you lovingly endure concert after concert after concert.
- how every day is a new adventure.
- The day you became "Potts" and I became "Gammie".
- how your eyes tear up when you remember my mother.
- how gently you care for my father.
- how you dance with our grand-babies.
- how you dance with me!
There were those who thought I was taking a chance marrying a photographer. I had no doubts when I said, "Yes". With you, life has been a dream and just keeps getting better.
Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart!
I love you.